- A USC Graduate Application (Apply Online)
Please select the link to USC’s online application system and create an account
If you are unable to upload a file due to size restrictions, you may email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Bachelor’s degree and minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; official transcripts from each accredited college or university attended Note: USC alumni and current students are not required to submit USC transcripts.
- All applicants must submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
Note: Records of GRE scores are purged after 5 years. Please visit the Educational Testing Service online (https://www.ets.org/) for GRE exam information. Applicants may substitute MCAT scores less than 5 years old for GRE scores. Applicants with a medical degree from an accredited (LCME) medical school, foreign medical school graduates who have successfully completed all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), and those with a post-graduate degree in another health profession or health-related profession may petition for an exemption of the GRE/MCAT requirement. Formal petitions for an exception must be made in writing to the NIIN program director. This is to include the receipt of official hard copies of official test results provided by the testing organization or notarized hard copies of all examination documents. Email petitions will not be accepted. Exemptions are, even then, only made in the rarest of circumstances and are not guaranteed. The requestor will be contacted with a response regarding the exemption decision within 30 days and the decision is final.
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be academic and on department letterhead)
- A Statement of Purpose of approximately 2-3 pages addressing the following questions:
- Why are you interested in pursuing the NIIN degree?
- How will a NIIN degree affect or enhance your career aspirations and goals?
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- All international applicants must submit TOEFL/IELTS scores.
Note: Records of TOEFL/IELTS scores are purged after two years. Please visit the Educational Testing Service online (https://www.ets.org/toefl) for TOEFL exam information. Please refer to the USC International Academy website (http://www.international.usc.edu/) if you would like training to prepare for the program, additional information can be found on the International Student FAQ page on the USC Graduate Admissions website (http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/international/faq.html)
- All current USC undergraduate students may consider the Progressive Master’s Degree Program. Please refer to the USC Progressive Degree website (http://www.usc.edu/programs/ugprograms/progressive/) to access the application or for more information.
Additional information about the process can also be found in the Frequently Asked Questions portion of this website.
A sample NIIN_Course_Plan has also been provided.
Please also submit a Resume/CV and a Statement of Purpose answering the questions above.
Top candidates will be interviewed through Skype or Google Hangouts
Tuition and Financial Aid
Please refer to our Tuition and Financial Aid page for additional information. New students who apply by the priority deadline will be eligible to be considered for a partial scholarship. Two scholarships will be awarded:
- USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Scholarship
- Ghada Irani Chair Scholarship
The selection committee will review the applicant’s file for admission to the NIIN Program. The committee will consider academics, leadership skills, experience, and interests highlighted in the resume and Statement of Purpose, as well as the overall quality of the admissions application. Priority deadline: April 1 for fall enrollment.
NIIN Student Profile and Admission Information
Please refer to our Fact Sheets for additional information.Class of 2017
Class of 2016